10 Warning Signs of Computer Trouble
Computer problems come in all shapes and sizes (laptops, tablets, etc.). The cause may be software or hardware-related, and often a combination of both. Either way, when a computer at your company or home is on the blink, your business suffers from lost sales, unproductive employees, and missed opportunities. At Murphy Designs, we specialize in computer repair, we are well aware of the problems you may encounter and how to fix them.
Here's a quick look at some of the most common issues you're likely to face with your computers that aren't functioning as they should. We'll also share the most important steps you can take to improve the overall health of your technology.
Know the Signs and Symptoms of a Sick Computer
If you find yourself asking the following questions, chances are your computer needs some more work that may be deeper than a quick fix.
- Your computer is slow, freezes or crashes (these are the most obvious ones)
- You aren't able do something you were able to do before
- You are noticing an unusual amount of pop-up windows
- You have created work-a-rounds for something that's not working right
- You don't know the status of your current backup situation
- You don't have current Microsoft security-related updates
- You don't have current virus definitions
- You aren't sure if you have a firewall in place
- Printing is inconsistent
- Sending or receiving emails is inconsistent
The main question now is how you keep them from happening again? There is one important step you can take to maintain the health of your technology infrastructure: Perform preventive maintenance on a regular basis by a company that specializes in complete computer maintenance.